Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Preamble

For those who don't know me, I am a soon-to-be graduating MBA student at Columbia Business School. I decided to start Phase Zero to share with all of you my passion for the life sciences, innovation, and life in general. I'll try to share with you my thoughts as well as the great ideas of others. Concurrently, I look forward to your comments and I hope this blog can be viewed as a forum for open dialog.

Also, life isn't all about work, so I would be remiss if I didn't mention my passion for baseball (and basically all sports). Just to get it out there, here is where I stand on some key sports-related topics:
  • I am loyal to all Miami sports teams and will never stray no matter where I move to
  • College football over the NFL
  • National League over American League (PLEASE BANISH THE DH!)
  • I am a die-hard Marlins fans
  • Yes, there are Marlins fans
  • Game 7 of the 1997 World Series was the greatest sporting event I've ever attended
  • I can't believe Jason Taylor is a NYJ...

When I was 16 years old, I was the last person I knew to get a beeper. At 19 I was the last person I knew to get a cell phone and at 28 I still don't carry a blackberry or iPhone (I currently sport the relic known as a Moto Q). For someone who loves technology and innovation, I clearly haven't always been the among first to adopt new communication tools. As I finish this first blog post, it is clear that I am well past being fashionably late to the blog party. I hope you all are willing to stick around and see where the rest of this party goes...

5 comments:

  1. This is really interesting. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll stick around in anticipation of this party progressing to Phase One at some point. In the mean time I look forward to reading more Phase Zero ramblings :) Keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were beepers cool in Miami? I think we missed that phase in Chicago. This is amazing. How in God's name did Justin find out about this??! If this is another email I'm not on, my dear God. Anyway, I love it. So amused. And sticking with a Moto Q is kind of innovative, I guess. Ground-breaking in it's own way!

    ReplyDelete